Monday, November 23, 2009

Nothing better than buying fresh, locally grown organic veggies!

I just picked up my first harvest of the season from Sweetwater Organic Community Farm in Hillsborough County.


I pay the farmer a lump sum for my membership and then I stop by the farm (bring your own bag) once every two weeks to pick up 20 different vegetables and herbs.





Here's a look at some of them:



You can visit the farm on Sundays to see what it's all about. They also have local farmers selling eggs and goat's milk as well as herbs, soap and organic snacks.








Extra produce is available for purchase.





Sweetwater is also dropping off locally grown, organic vegetables at the St. Pete Farmer's Market.



Click here to see if there is an organic, community farm in your neighborhood. It is the least expensive way to eat locally grown, organic foods.