Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Send a care package to our troops

I know sometimes our lives get complicated, but I always stop to think what life would be like serving our country overseas & not seeing my family for months on end.

Living close to MacDill Air Force Base gives us the chance to say thank you when we see someone in uniform. I also want to tell you about a special "Help a Hero" campaign that is happening until 9:00 p.m. tonight.

Stop by Whole Foods Market in Tampa on Dale Mabry near I-275 until 9:00 p.m. tonight to buy a "Help a Hero" care package (add a personal thank you note. It comes with personal care products).

For $32.00 you can surprise a military man or woman--a complete stranger--to let that person know you are thinking of them and thankful that they are protecting our country.

My brother spent months in Pakistan... I know it wasn't easy for him. You know they would all enjoy an unexpected thank you & gift that reminds them of home. :)