Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month and more

Thinking about all of the breast cancer related events happening this month...

Two of my aunts are breast cancer survivors. A friend of mine was also diagnosed in her 20's. Please pay attention to any changes and get your annual mammograms (if you're younger and have "dense breasts" consider a digital mammogram).
We just wrapped up Race for the Cure in St. Petersburg. Now you can shop to support breast cancer research.

Saks Key to the Cure kicks off Oct. 15-18th with special sales and a portion of all sales to benefit breast, ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer research at Moffitt Cancer Center.

I also picked up a cute, bright pink re-usable shopping bag at Whole Foods Market in Tampa... check it out...




The pink grocery bag costs $2.00.

100% of the proceeds from the sale of the bags go to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.




The 60 mile, Breast Cancer 3 Day walk is also coming up Halloween weekend.
My co-anchor, Reggie and I will be walking all 60 miles again.

This will be my 5th year walking. My mom and aunt are going to walk with me again (we walked together the first year) in honor of my two aunts who are breast cancer survivors.
If you're walking, volunteering or cheering on the walkers, please say hello!