Monday, October 12, 2009

"Dummy" grocery list guarantees fresh, fast grocery store trip

We all know to eat fresh, whole foods, we have to grocery shop at least once a week.
I would enjoy it more if I didn't have to squeeze it in before work or when I don't really have time to shop.

If I go into a grocery store without a list, I am in deep trouble...aimlessly wondering the aisles... thinking I am inspired to try a new Thai recipe only to realize I didn't buy several main ingredients!
Without a plan, I will be tempted to grab these!





I created my "dummy" grocery list. It helps me get in and out within 45 minutes and guarantees I will have turkey tacos with homemade salsa, garlic basil chicken sausage pizza, chicken salad, steak soft tacos with radish and avocado, plus chicken salad, yogurt and cereal for breakfast, etc. It gives me a bunch of different options. My list may not work for you, but I swear if you create a master "dummy"  grocery list, you'll use it over and over again! It's a MAJOR time saver!




FRESH FRUIT: 

GREEN APPLES  
BANANAS   
ORANGES 
LIMES (4)   
STRAWBERRIES
RED GRAPES

VEGETABLES:

MIXED GREENS
SPINACH
TOMATOS-4
ONIONS-3
JALAPENO
GARLIC-3
AVOCADO
CELERY
CARROTS
RADISH


HERBS:

CILANTRO (2)
BASIL (1)
DAIRY:

CHEESE
NON-FAT GREEK YOGURT (2)
ALMOND MILK (UNSWEETENED)
PARM CHEESE

NUTS:

WALNUTS
ALMONDS

MEAT:

EGGS
GROUND TURKEY BREAST (2 PDS)
FRESH TURKEY SAUSAGE? (WHOLE FDS)
STEAK?
6 CHICKEN BREASTS
BUFFALO MEAT?

CANNED:

GRAPESEED MAYO (VEGANESE/REFRIDGERATED)
GREEN/WHITE TEA
CHICKEN BROTH
ADZUKI BEANS


BREAD:

HIGH FIBER CEREAL-VIVE
SAMI'S PITA OR NAAN WHEAT BREAD
TACO SHELLS OR SEASONING??
SOFT WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS
FROZEN:

ETHNIC GOURMET
KASHI