Monday, September 14, 2009

My cell phone emits too much radiation for me!

Do you know how much radiation your cell phone emits?

A new 10-month study lists the best and worst cell phones based on how much cell phone radiation is absorbed by your brain.

The FDA and cell phone industry insist daily radiation exposure to our brain is safe but the reality is, we still don't have any longterm cell phone radiation studies proving it is safe.

I don't like how my cell phone performed in this study so I am going to take an extra precaution.

Here's what the study found:

The Samsung Impression gave off the lowest amount of radiation to the brain .35 watts per kilogram.

My new Apple iPhone 3G emits much more. Researchers say your brain absorbs 1.39 W/kg from the iphone 3G, pushing it closer to the WORST list.

For me, the answer is easy. I paid less than $40 bucks for a hollow tube earpiece which doesn't allow radiation to travel to my head.
Here's what it looks like:



When the University of Pittsburgh's Center for Environmental Oncology issued a warning for people to cut down on cell phone radiation I bought my first hollow tube earpiece for my Verizon phone.

I had not taken the time to order one for my new iPhone until I read the new study.

There are some other options you can try (these are especially important if you have kids who are attached to their cell phones).


Read the study here including the BEST and WORST phones based on radiation and how you can lower your exposure.


Yes, the hollow tube earpiece could be a waste of money if I find out 40 years from now that daily radiation exposure to your brain is actually a good thing--I will be missing out.

This is a chance I will take.

Read more of my stories on Heather's Natural Health