Monday, August 24, 2009

Exercise or eat healthy?

MONDAY: Do you find it's easier to exercise on a regular basis OR eat healthy, but hard to do both?

I was talking to two of my good friends about this. I've know them both since we were teenagers. They have always exercised every day. Even with 3 kids each, they still make it a priority--they look great! My priority focuses more on food. I plan what we'll eat for the week and I always make sure we have fresh foods on hand. I WISH I loved exercise, but to be honest, I would rather clean out your garage for you!

Good girlfriends always have a way of influencing what we do. I know I need to pick up the pace. I am trying to see if I can balance both--fresh foods & exercise--maybe 5 days a week? (GULP!)

I have been going to a Bikram yoga class 2 to 3 times a week (hot yoga--I can admit I do enjoy it) but I need to pick up 2 days of strength training. I use to do a 20 minute pilates tape a few times a week & call that "exercise."

Yes, this will be the 5 year I've walked 60 miles in the 3 Day Breast Cancer walk, but I would love to get to a place where I look forward to exercise every day.
I know it's hard to find the time, but I hope to get into a good routine.

Email some of your favorite workout DVD's or classes...I am looking for any motivation to get moving! Heather@10connects.com