Friday, August 7, 2009

Staying healthy while flying

I am heading to Washington, D.C. area this weekend for my niece, Blakely's baptismal! I can't wait to see everyone including my nephew, Harrison! They are cuties.

When I fly, I always pack some kind of healthy snack (Mrs. May's nut bars--I buy them in bulk at Costco. Yes! You CAN pronounce all ingredients...cashews, almonds, pistachios, strawberries, etc.) but there is one other thing I ALWAYS take on planes to stay healthy... Xlear.

Dr. Mary Beeson (medical doctor) suggested I buy Xlear, a nasal spray with xylitol or use a netti pot to rinse out allergans. I bought Xlear at a healthfood store for about $ 7 dollars. I'm sure there are other brands but it makes sense to rinse out all the "fun stuff" from the re-circulated air right after you get off the plane.
So far, so good! Send me an email if you have some tips to stay healthy while flying.
Have a great weekend!