Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Put yourself at the top of your "TO DO" list

This has been one of those "running & gunning" days where I've checked off most of the things on my never-ending "TO DO" list, but I have been one step behind all day!

It's funny when you take a close look at all of the so-called "important things" (grocery store, return shirt, stop by tailor) and notice that there's nothing on that list that really takes care of you!
Sometimes you need a good friend to remind you to put yourself at the top of your "TO DO" list.

That means give yourself the next week to schedule all of your exams. You KNOW what I'm talking about... annual physical, skin cancer exam, gyno, etc. (the appointments that always seem to be the first bumped from our lists!)

One of the reasons I've been so busy the past two days is because I just had a digital mammogram at the Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center at Morton Plant in Clearwater. I'm younger than 40, but I don't take any chances when it comes to health.
No one knows your body better than you. If something doesn't seem right, have a doctor check it out A.S.A.P.
The GREAT NEWS is that Dr. Blumencranz told me I have nothing to worry about--everything is fine! Now I don't have worry--yay!
(BTW-digital mammograms are incredibly clear. It's easier for radiologists to read results in young women with dense breasts. If you have a similar situation, I highly recommend a digital mammogram. Also, make sure the facility has a full-time radiologist devoted just to the breast center.)
Take my friendly advice, make a few calls next week. Trust me, if you forget to put yourself at the top of your "TO DO" list... and you lose your health, all the other so-called "important things" truly don't matter.